Adding a new package: csg-toolkit

Hi, I 've made a pull request to include the corresponding .yaml file in Octave Packages at github. I have a few questions:

1. is it appropriate that the yaml file points each version at the respective release tarbals included in my repository?
  2. Do I need to make a new repository with the package name and folder layout? (the tarball contains a properly made package layout that has been tested to work with Octave package manager)
  3. Can I add such a repository at sourceforge so that users can benefit from the simplicity of the pkg -forge ... option to avoid copying a rather long url for installing it from an online resource?
  4. Is it planed that pkg will use an additional option (similar to -forge) to parse the list of packages maintained at GNU Octave - Packages?
    Thanks

Thank you very much for your new package :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Regarding your questions:

1. This is very appreciated. We want to give you as package developer full control of your working style and do not force you into workflows.
  2. No.

For 3. and 4., please read Octave Packages: the new Octave Forge.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt response and the clarifications! I will try the new pkg and report back any issues.
One more question though: if I have newly implemented functions for the statistics package or improvements on existing ones regarding compatibility with Matlab, should I omit submitting a patch in savannah and make a pull request through github to the statistics package there or I should use the previous workflow in savannah?

According to the DESCRIPTION file, the statistics package is unmaintained. There has been recent work by @Nir and @nrjank, but nobody officially claims package ownership. Therefore, it is to my experience very unlikely that anybody is interested in applying your patches or the other pending 41 patches put on Savannah or somewhere else.

If you are interested, you can become package maintainer. As one of the last Octave Forge maintainer, I can help you with this process.

2 posts were split to a new topic: New maintainer for the unmaintained statistics package