Can't post on nabble

i see others posting messages from nabble, but I can’t, it says the mail can’t be sent or something (in my mail inbox), what’s the problem? thanks

what is the exact message you’re getting? is the message still there on nabble or does it get removed when it can’t be ‘sent’?

note that this is a mailing list, not a forum. when you use nabble, it tries to send a message to the mailing list ‘on your behalf’ and appear to be from your email address. I don’t know what sort of checks it has in the background to make this happen, or why the mailing list might not accept the message. Are you normally able to email the mailing list directly and have it post ok?

This is the mail system at host n4.nabble.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

help-octave@gnu.org: host eggs.gnu.org[209.51.188.92] said: 550-[SPF]
199.38.86.66 is not allowed to send mail from mail.com. Please see 550

and a couple of lines more with my e-mail adress in an openspf.org url.
If i send to the help mail list it works but I can not answer messages on nabble. But i can see others do it.

My messages don’t appear at all when I try to answer.

“The 550 error “Relay Denied” means that the SMTP server did not recognize you as a valid sender”

it seems the gnu and mail.com servers are using sender authentication to prevent spoofing (SPF -sender protection framework in this case). Basically, nabble tried to send to the gnu.com mailing list on your behalf posing as mail.com, and gnu.com checked with mail.com to see if that was OK. Mail.com doesn’t recognize nabble.com as one of its approved sending servers, so it said no. Relay spam is a big problem and things like SPF are how they decided to try to fix it. Not sure whether trying to fix that would involve starting with nabble.com or mail.com administrators. But there’s not much we can do from our end other than recommend you just use the email list directly.

ok, thanks, i will try with the mail list and the same title as the thread on nabble and see what happens