GNU Octave is a mentoring organization for GSoC 2022

@Nir if your time permits, would you like to lead the organization application this year again? :slightly_smiling_face:

The application website is now open until 2022-02-21T18:00:00Z:

I would also become org-admin and mentor. If somebody else would like to mentor a student, please ask in this thread and update your projects in the wiki:

Hi,

Given the many issues that have appeared over the years about different math libraries on various
systems I have been suggesting a few times that it may be worth trying to use openlibm like is done by Julia.

I think it would be a nice project to try to set up Octave to use openlibm instead of cmath, does anyone else think this could be a viable GSoC project? Would anyone like to help me mentor on this? (I would definitely need help for the windows part of the project …)

c.

Thanks Kai for updating the Wiki page nicely. I can lead again this year. I started on the application with Google: GSoC 2022 application - Octave

1 Like

@cdf: I like this project idea a lot. Platform independence is very desirable. With a little delay, but still in time for GSoC 2022, I added this project suggestion:

After a rough review, I considered it to be a “small” 175 hour (12 weeks) project. Any changes and suggestions are welcome (maybe some example bug reports) :slightly_smiling_face:

GNU Octave is a mentoring organization for GSoC 2022 :slightly_smiling_face: :tada:

Let us welcome and help new contributors getting familiar with Octave :woman_technologist: :man_technologist:

The application deadline for contributors (students) is 2022-04-19T18:00:00Z (see the official timeline).

A post was split to a new topic: GSoC 2022 openlibm project