GSoC 2022 Symbolic package project blog

Hi Octave,

I’ve created a public blog (moved to here) for the Google Summer of Code 2022 Symbolic package project. It is basically a git repository with markdown files and a README linking to those markdown files. I’ll provide weekly updates about the project to keep everyone informed.

Thank you for your blog. Does it have a news feed (RSS, Atom)? Then I can automatically pull your posts to this Discourse forum.

Unfortunately not at the moment, as the blog is basically a git repo… I can paste the links in this thread for those interested in this project.

Week 1 Report (moved to here) is now ready!

1 Like

Thanks @alexvong1995, great progress so far!

Looking ahead a bit to the “long-term maintenance” aspect of the project: I think we’re going to need to think about tracker issue for non-Expr in matrices · Issue #1124 · cbm755/octsympy · GitHub

1 Like

I forgot to mention last week. Here (moved to here) is the The Week 2 Report.

2 Likes

Week 3 Report (moved to here) is now ready as well!

2 Likes

Week 4 to 7 Report (moved to here) is now available. As per the advice of @cbm, I turn it into a single “monthly report” this time to avoid having to write multiple reports.

I’ve also updated the timeline (moved to here) for the future part of the project to address the more urgent issue of getting rid of expr in matrix after discussion with @cbm.

1 Like

Week 8 to 11 Report (moved to here) is now ready for viewing! There will be one last report for this week (week 12). After that, I will work on the final report / evaluation.

2 Likes

I’ve just submitted the final report for evaluation. I created a wiki page as a permalink for the report in case the git repo link changes.

The Week 12 Report is available for reading as well.

BTW I’ve moved the public blog from https://notabug.org/ to the Debian Gitlab instance Salsa because I recently discover that notabug has not been updated for 4 years. I am worry that it is no longer maintained. Old links still work at the moment but it is no longer updated. I’ll updated all links in this thread accordingly.

1 Like