How can I run an Octave file (.m) from C++ written in Qt?

My goal is to run an Octave file (an original .m script) from C++ written in Qt.

Currently, I am using Octave v7.1.0 on Windows 10, and the C++17 code is written in the Qt IDE v7.0.2. Additionally, my Build Environment has been edited to include mkoctfile.exe for compiling purposes.

I have followed the descriptions found from the Octave user manual in working with standalone programs, found here: Standalone Programs. I can get the first matrix example problem working fine as shown with the following designed output

11:51:02: Starting C:\Users\berg\Documents\build-ForgeOctave-Desktop_Qt_6_3_1_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\ForgeOctave.exe...
FTH: (2596): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
Hello Octave world!
 11 12
 21 22
11:51:02: C:\Users\berg\Documents\build-ForgeOctave-Desktop_Qt_6_3_1_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\ForgeOctave.exe exited with code 0

, however the second example that requires the octave interpreter (which is needed for calling external Octave .m files per Standalone Programs) crashes with the following output:

11:54:52: Starting C:\Users\berg\Documents\build-ForgeOctave-Desktop_Qt_6_3_1_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\ForgeOctave.exe...
FTH: (11156): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
error: ignoring const execution_exception& while preparing to exit
error: ignoring const execution_exception& while preparing to exit
error encountered in Octave evaluator!
11:54:53: C:\Users\berg\Documents\build-ForgeOctave-Desktop_Qt_6_3_1_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\ForgeOctave.exe exited with code 0

This leads me to believe that my issue is IDE-related. The exact issue that I am having at the moment, is when I call the Octave interpreter (octave::interpreter), it simply returns an error message of a crash.

My suspicion is that I may be missing a link to needed libraries or need to further edit my Build Environment or Build Steps.

Below is my .pro file.

TEMPLATE = app 
CONFIG += console c++17 
CONFIG -= app_bundle 
CONFIG += qt 
LIBS+= -L C:\Users\berg\Desktop\Octave\octave-7.1.0-w64\mingw64\bin -loctave-9 -LC:\Users\berg\Desktop\Octave\octave-7.1.0-w64\mingw64\lib\octave\7.1.0 -loctinterp -loctave 

SOURCES += \ 
        main.cpp 

INCLUDEPATH += C:\Octave-7.1.0\mingw64\include\octave-7.1.0\octave 

libmatrix.a 

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this Octave interpreter problem or have suggestions? Thanks!

IIUC, there was an issue with how the interpreter was initialized in standalone programs in Octave 7.1.0.
Could you please check if the issue persists with Octave 7.2.0?