[Job offer] First time configuration questions for compatibility. Help/Networking wanted questions

Hi everyone, I’ve been tasked with following up on EW research for Octave in order to generate I&Q signal files to visualize software defined radio signals in a virtual environment. Obviously I’m at square one because we are just seeing how to configure an operational platform so we will test Octave since it is open source to see if it can push us closer to that requirement. Here is a list of a couple questions I have hoping I can get started right:

• What is the best Linux Distribution to download Octave in?
  • What is the best (compatibility wise) database to use with Octave?
  • Where is the best forum to find an Octave programmer?
  • Are there any Octave developers with Software Defined Radio experience available for consultation?

Hi HarpeEngineering.

I can answer some questions

• What is the best Linux Distribution to download Octave in?>

There’s not best or worst but I’m using Manjaro after have using Ubuntu about 1 year and I can recommend you
Manjaro because it has Pacman repository manager and it has an updated Octave version than apt of Ubuntu, anyway you can compile octave by yourself downloading it from official repository.

• Where is the best forum to find an Octave programmer?

Here i guess :grin: , but I think that If you’re searching an Octave developer you should make a programmer searching ad.

Greats :wink:

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you. When you get chance send me an email at jonathan.loop@harpeengineering.com if your interested in working this project. We can set up a cloud environment for you in AWS for configuring Octave and see how we can integrate software defined radio signals in that environment.

1 Like