After the recent upgrade to macOS Big Sur the GUI of Octave won’t work anymore. Only the CLI is running correctly.
- Are there some major problems which prevent from using Octave on the most current version of macOS (i.e. do I have to downgrade)?
- How can I start Octave from a terminal such that I can read eventual error messages?
- Should I try to install via homebrew (where it is mentioned, that big_sur is supported)?
Thank you very much for your answers.
- OS: macOS Big Sur 11.0.1; MacBook from year 2018
- Octave version: Version 5.2.0 beta 2
- Installation method: Downloaded dmg-file for 5.2.0 beta 2 from https://octave-app.org/Developer-Downloads.html
(tried Octave-4.4.1.dmg from https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/releases/download/v4.4.1-u1/Octave-4.4.1-u1.dmg as well)